Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Baby Update

OK ... So we were supposed to have the big 5 month ultrasound on the 7th, but they canceled it because it was at the Dr's office and they said we need to have all our ultrasounds with the perinatologist at the hospital now. So yesterday was that appointment. Baby's heart & brain.... everything look good. BUT... they found that the liver is involved in the omphalocele. This means it's going to be a more timely process to fix our little honey when he's born. The perinatologist also suggested that if we did want to get an amniocentesis we do it now. She said after 24 weeks (I'm close to 22 weeks) the chance of it putting me into labor is higher. But if we wait to far into the pregnancy I could end up having the baby before even getting the results and it would end up being a lost cause. We really want to know for sure if baby has a chromosomal defect so that we can plan the delivery and all. It's kind of complicated... If he does have the chromosome disorder they won't even do the surgery. Needless to say, we did the amnio yesterday. I'm feeling fine now. And you'd think I'd be going nuts waiting for the results, but I'm not. I think Ive waited so long that what's a few more days? Plus I just have a good feeling, I think he's going to be ok :-)

6 comments:

Karilynn said...

I'm glad that you did it and that you are feeling well! Remember they have AMAZING Perinatologists up at the U so if that's where you end up you will be in VERY good hands!! :o)

FishinFamily said...

Oh you and your little sweet pea our in our prayers! You need to post some pics of you...I want to see your little belly...do you even have one yet?! :)

A said...

I am glad you did it and that you are feeling great! I am also glad to hear you are not anxious or worried about the results. It will be a relief either way to know what the results are so you can move forward with the rest of your pregnancy and prepare for your sweet little boy's future. Love ya :)

Nikki said...

As always, you are in our prayers. I'm sure everything will turn out good. Keep us updated.

Heidi said...

I'm glad your keeping us updated. You are in our prayers.

Maughan"sters" said...

I'm happy to hear this news. Keep posting so we know the latest...