Monday, September 22, 2008

The feeding....

Come to find out they actually give our lil guy pedialite (sp?) first before trying milk. And once he does well with that then they'll try the milk. When we got there to see him today the nurse was sitting in the rocker with him and he was sleeping. She said she'd been trying to get him to take the pedialite but he kept spitting it out! It's the flavorless kind so the flavor shouldn't be a problem. My guess is he's so used to his binky and not having anything come out, it's probably just weird to have a leaky binky! He's going to have to get used to swallowing and everything...even though it's only been 6 days he seems to be set in his ways...for now :-) I tried giving him the pedialite and his bottle had 6 ml. He spit out about 4, but while he was sleeping I was tricky and got him to take about 2 ml without spitting it out. Hey it's a start!
And I just want to say that I love the nurses at Primary Children's. They always answer all our questions in detail and let us help with taking care of our little honey in any way that we're able to. Branston couldn't be at a better place with better Dr's & nurses to take care of him right now :-)

3 comments:

Beck said...

Thats awesome! You are such a cute Mom. I cant wait till he comes home so I can hold him. I wonder if he will come home before Alli gets here...only 4 more weeks!

Duncahoo said...

I am so glad that he is doing so well, he will be home in no time.

Karen, Mackay, Easton & Kallie said...

when he takes a bottle, tell me your secret! kallie is almost 5 months old and she STILL can't figure it out! =) thanks for all the updates! they are so great! i love seeing how well he is doing!